Thursday, September 25

Where has the time gone?

I woke up remembering a poem I wrote when I was around 18.... A simple poem about Being Deaf... It had no title.

I sit in a corner
watching the whole world go by
Listening only with my eyes
and feeling everything with my heart

I may look like a loner
but that isn't so
I may seem depressed
but you will never know

This feeling of peace
I could never quite describe
Laughter and music
I may not understand

But I can feel happiness
from the smile on your face
I can feel love
from a warm embrace
I can feel sadness
when you shed a tear
I can feel all this
I just cannot hear


....I didn't write a lot of poetry after that. Maybe only for class. I don't remember the others but this one kind of stuck.

No comments:

Never stop smiling not even when you're sad, someone might fall in love with your smile. —  Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez