Sunday, September 14

Revisiting life

I used to blog most days. I even used to keep a journal, handwritten, no less. Now life just seems to get in the way.

It was my goal to make it as a writer and in a way it did happen... albeit I never became famous like J.K. Rowling. I wish I had the courage and patience to see through a project as big as that. I wish I came up with the ideas all these writers came up with. I would love to be immortalized in a bookstore.


It is now 2014. After ten years, I'm not even close to being the person I wanted to be. Maybe life is just like that, never perfect, full of imperfections. In the span of 10 years... I got to be a magazine writer, an English teacher for elementary, high school and now college level. I graduated with an MA degree at one of the top universities in the Philippines - University of the Philippines- Diliman. Now I'm pursuing my second Masters degree by studying abroad in one of the most prestigious Deaf universities in the world - Rochester Institute of Technology at Rochester, New York. However, life is not perfect and I'm constantly plagued by so many things - financial difficulties, insecurities, and depression. I'm not even married yet and don't have kids! (All the while, my friends are making babies like there is no tomorrow!) In short, there is still so much I want to do in life.


It's weird, it took a television series for me to look back in my life, reflect and try to get my life in order. Kind of the time when I got hooked into Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings and it made me pursue being a writer and having that first masters degree. This time it is Colin Morgan and his television series, Merlin who made me rethink. While it is sort of sad that it has to take a whole television series for me to get my life in track, I like to think I'm a work-in-progress and that it took a lot to get me where I am today. Colin and Merlin were just merely a part of it. Thank you, Colin. You may never read this but thank you anyway.

......Yes, that's it.

... and on we go....


... The fish are jumping and the cotton is high... :)




No comments:

Never stop smiling not even when you're sad, someone might fall in love with your smile. —  Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez