How could i know that meeting someone I only imagined meeting years ago would put some things back into perspective for me?
Ethan doesn't know it but i have this picture of him from a magazine that has now been in my work table for the past three years. he was one of those people whose lives inspired me.
The SURVIVOR stars, Ethan, Jenna Morasca and Shii-Ann came to manila two weeks ago, i think. When i saw it on TV(STUDIO 23!!), i thought it would be cool to see them... do something i don't usually do.. go to see my inspirations in the flesh!
so i went, it was a HOT Saturday morning(Saturday, oct 26, 2004!) and I wasn't sure where the thing was going to be held. i thought there'd be notices pointing me in the right direction or a big crowd tight in the middle of Ateneo that would be easy to spot. I imagined Ethan, Jenna m and Shii-ann waving to people from a great BIG stage..... I imagined wrong. hehehe. there were no posts, no notices, no great big neon sign. I actually went to Ateneo High School's Father and Son day. SHEESH. so... I was lost.
Then.. a miracle happened(being dramatic here).. I passed a soccer field (why didn't i listen to Candy?) and saw all these people (I honestly thought it was a family fair or something).. I was going to the tent, to see if there was any food (hey, i was hungry).. when suddenly .. I spotted them!! you can't imagine how happy I was.. hehehe. I mean, FINALLY!! So, hunger forgotten, I was ready to line up... when... the bouncer was telling me that I couldn't line up. End of the line.. ah well. I thought that would be it.
To make a long story short... i made a text message saying "I am a Deaf teacher. May i have pictures taken with them so I can show to my Deaf students. I had a hard time trying to find the venue." I would normally never do this kind of thing. but guess what, it worked. I guess sometimes you just have to be brave enough to try!
So what did I learn from this??? Ethan made me realize that dreams can come true... if you do something about it. If I didn't go to Ateneo, I would never have met him and Jenna(she is very beautiful.. and very nice! She knew how to sign THANK YOU in sign language!I think the two are lucky to have each other! I hope one day I will also have a wonderful love story like theirs!). If I wasn't brave enough to approach the guy in charge of the thing.. then I would only have this leaflet thing which the pair had signed. Shii-Ann wasn't there so I wasn't able to take pics with her. This was one learning experience for me. Thank you, Studio 23, Ethan and Jenna!!MWAHHH!!


No comments:
Post a Comment