Thursday, March 31
i got to attend this FSL seminar last month and it was cool. worth taking an absence from work. attending something that you firmly believe in. that's amazing, eh? i learned a ton of things as well. for the ignorant(hehehe) FSL is Filipino Sign Language and i firmly believe it is the natural language of the Deaf (well, it really actually is) and it's till growing, being researched. i am glad to be a part of this seminar. it was illuminating, inspiring and truly just awesome. the lectures were interesting and it just made me wonder how long SAID will catch up to what i have just discovered -- that FSL should play a major part of the Deaf education.... and not a minor one. that's still a long way ahead, i think. but i hope they give it a shot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Never stop smiling not even when you're sad, someone might fall in love with your smile. — Gabriel García Márquez
-
In class last week, for Educational Audiology, the Teacher played sounds when half of the class were Deaf. That meant half of the class were...
-
I woke up remembering a poem I wrote when I was around 18.... A simple poem about Being Deaf... It had no title. I sit in a corner watchi...
-
I used to blog most days. I even used to keep a journal, handwritten, no less. Now life just seems to get in the way. It was my goal to ma...
No comments:
Post a Comment