Monday, September 27

Malapascua Island -- for my Communication Skills Class

        I love to travel. I've been to a couple of places in the world. These are Arizona, New York, Las Vegas, Korea, Singapore, San Fransisco and Hong Kong. In the Philippines, I've been to Bohol, Cebu, Boracay, Bicol, Baguio, Laguna, Batangas, Tagaytay, and Malapascua Island.

        Malapascua Island stands out because it was a different experience. I don't think I would be able to go back there for some time but it is a travel experience that is forever etched in my memory. It is hard to get there. You have to take a bus in Cebu and then a small boat. Malapascua is in the north of Cebu, a tiny island that is somewhat like Boracay without all the restaurants and hotels on the beach. It is a secluded haven wherein you can walk the whole width of the beach in a couple of strides.

       The beaches are also filled with fishes and are well worth the time it takes to go snorkelling. I saw a school of fishes there and it was an unbelievable experience! Unfortunately, I didn't have any underwater cameras so I don't have pictures of the fishes :(  It is almost an untouchable island. I sincerely hope it never becomes like Boracay because it is like a peaceful sanctuary.





       I want to go back to Malapascua Island one day. I want to share what I have experienced with my friends. I'm sure that like me, they are going to love this little patch of heaven in the Philippines. I want to go back and see the fishes, walk around the beach, enjoy the home cooked food, and just plain get away from the city and enjoy a day at the beach.



   









No comments:

Never stop smiling not even when you're sad, someone might fall in love with your smile. —  Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez