Just got this message from Dr. Liza Martinez -- "October is BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH! Watch Salamat Dok sign interepreted segment tomorrow, 7:30 am, Ch 2."
I'm glad that people like Dr. Martinez and people from De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde make an effort to have information disseminated in sign language. It is sad to note that the Philippines is behind in closed captioning on television, something that the Americans and other countries have already had since the 90's. I'm looking forward for the Philippines to catch up. It would be nice to actually understand what is going on in Philippine television. I watch more American shows and American movies rather than Philippine television because it has closed captioning or subtitles. I would love to appreciate my own country more even though it is just through watching Philippine television. Like right now, I do watch ABS-CBN shows such as Agua Bendita, Imortal and such but it is a burden not understanding and I often flip the channel in frustration at not understanding a show that looks interesting to me. Hopefully, the media and the government would now be more open towards accesibility for the Deaf.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Never stop smiling not even when you're sad, someone might fall in love with your smile. — Gabriel García Márquez
-
In class last week, for Educational Audiology, the Teacher played sounds when half of the class were Deaf. That meant half of the class were...
-
I woke up remembering a poem I wrote when I was around 18.... A simple poem about Being Deaf... It had no title. I sit in a corner watchi...
-
I used to blog most days. I even used to keep a journal, handwritten, no less. Now life just seems to get in the way. It was my goal to ma...
No comments:
Post a Comment