I think everyone did well during the teaching demonstration. even if Sir Leo C. did his without a PowerPoint presentation, Sir Leo S.'s PowerPoint had everyone craning their necks and Sir Aris had to answer the question.. "Why is it called a denominator?" (I don't even know the answer to that!) As for me, I ended up being nervous I gave some wrong information. Oh well. Everyone had their own strengths and it finally dawned on me why we were all picked. Hey, we were all GREAT teachers. I had fun during the demo of all my colleagues and even learned a few things along the way.
After days of pondering things out, I have decided to do do my teaching demo Dr. Jose Rizal. Before I did so, I asked Ate May if there were previous teaching demonstrations that used Dr. Rizal as its topic. Ate May said no so I happily went ahead.
The day before the demonstration, everyone was in some sort of frenzy. Laptops suddenly became a hot commodity. Hahaha. There was a line to use the printer in the Business room at Radisson's and a few of us badgered Kuya Leo C. to print out some papers. (Sorry, Kuya!)
The day of the demonstration, everyone was exceptionally.... quiet. No wait, focused is the right word. After all, today is the day we show what we have learned so far and also to prove that we did learn something from all of this. All those months reading the lessons online and the last few days observing strategies used by our mentors.. This was it. It all amounted to this.
Our RIT mentors mentioned that we gave some of the best teaching demonstrations ever. Hooray! I can say that this trip was a success. I know it doesn't stop here. The real work begins. We were all just part of an even grander plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment